Axil Integrated Services has today announced the signing of a new contract with leading automotive manufacturer BMW Group, to re-engineer its waste management systems in a renewed commitment to its sustainability ambitions.
The five-year contract, designed to support BMW Group’s stringent 2030 sustainability targets, will see the waste management specialist introduce changes to chemical, technical, and logistical processes across all manufacturing and corporate sites in the UK, spanning BMW, MINI and Rolls Royce. Sites include:
- MINI Plant Oxford
- Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, Goodwood, Chichester
- BMW Group Plant, Swindon
- BMW Group Plant Hams Hall, Birmingham
- BMW Distribution, Thorne, Doncaster
- BMW Group UK, Head office, Farnborough
These improvements involve several initiatives that deliver real innovation and are designed to optimise the handling, segregation, and management of waste. Axil will capture waste data to allow for improved waste-streams to be traced throughout the entire manufacturing process and develop waste remediation.
Axil’s partnership with BMW Group will continue to implement strategies to support a circular economy, accelerating progress with the introduction of:
- Waste-capturing technology to track and attribute waste to specific areas of the business and better understand where to build in efficiencies.
- A relief mobile operative support team that will staff and man sites, allowing for smooth operation of waste management activities throughout the partnership.
Jason Lang, Commercial Director, Axil Integrated Services, highlighted the progress Axil is already making:
“Taking responsibility for your impact on the environment has never been so important, particularly when it comes to more sustainable production. BMW Group is a pioneer of innovation, including in its approach to sustainability. We’re thrilled to be partnering with the team to reengineer waste streams to drive an increase in recycling and waste remediation.
“Businesses today, particularly in the manufacturing sector, are facing unprecedented economic strain, but partnerships like this one are crucial to ensuring we maintain momentum on reaching ESG ambitions across the industry. It’s great for Axil to assist this essential progress in such a bold way.”